Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 2011

YAY!! I remembered to take pictures this month!!! This month has been SOOO HOT!!! We were having such a hard time keeping the house cool in the afternoon, because there is no hade on the house then, that we actually ended up putting tin foil and blankets over Aspen's window. Yes, my house looks like it belongs in a trailor park now, but the A/C isn't running all day long now and it is actually cool inside :)
 
I know that a lot of tragedy and heartache has come from the May 22 tornado, but can I just say YAAHHOOOO!!!! My dumpy trailor trash neighbor is FINALLY gone!!!! Of all the horrible things that happened that day this was definately a blessing! No one was living there when the tornado came so I don't feel bad about being happy that the stupid trailor house got destroyed. YAY! The lot is all cleared and it makes the neighborhood look so much better!
 
Our family has had a lot of sickness this month, mainly affecting poor Hadley and Brevin. Unfortunately the beginning of it was all my fault :( I gave Brevin and Hadley food poisoning. In my defense it was not completely my fault! When you buy pre-packaged deli meat from the grocery store you don't expect it to already be molded when you get it home!! It hadn't even reached its expiration date yet! Anyways, so we started out with food poisoning and then the week after that we all had the stomach flu...when it rains it pours!

This month was also Brevin and I's 6th Anniversary. Instead of just going out to dinner or going on a vacation just the two of us, we decided that it would be fun to take the whole family to Branson for the weekend. We stayed at Grand Country Inn. They have an indoor/outdoor waterpark that Brevin and I had more fun on than the girls sadly. For some reason they just stood and looked at the thing and wanted nothing to do with playing on it! We also went bumper boating, which they absolutely LOVED and go-karting, which was a blast as well! I couldn't ever get a picture of Brevin with the girls in the go karts.

This was by the gift shop and the restaurant the first night we got there:

 Waking up the first morning:
 
At the Bumper Boats:


Wild Woody's Go Karts:
 


One night we decided it would be fun to just watch a movie and have popcorn so we went up to the theatre to get some popcorn and they were CLOSED!!! So, we decided to play around in the gift shop instead:
Branson Landing:
Hadley decided one day that it would be fun to take a bath...in WINDEX! She is crazy! She makes me laugh though :)
This past weekend we did a scavenger hunt with our ward that was SUPER FUN! There was a couple in the ward that put it all together, but hid their identities and the scavenger hunt was to figure out who they were. At the end of the hunt every family taht participated got a free pie from a local bakery. We got the French Silk Pie...YUMMY!
I am making my fleece scarves again this year. But this year I am actually going to do some craft shows and sell the things! So far I am signed up for two shows, one at the Maple Leaf Festival in Carthage, and one with Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. I think it will be a lot of fun to do the shows and hopefully I will be able to make a little bit of money.
In other news, I am getting an assistant for daycare...I have too many kids to handle on my own. I wasn't going to take on this many kids, but when parents decide to have siblings of the kids I already watch it is kinda hard to tell them that I can only watch one sibling! So, hopefully I can make it on my own until she starts. We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment